PbVerify’s popular Deeds Search tool has been relaunched and is now more accurate and immediate than ever before.
The relaunch comes after the service had to be put on hold about two months ago, following modifications to the Deeds Office systems that required pbVerify to update certain regions and add new ones.
The Deeds Search tool has been greatly improved, now allowing for live lookups at the Deeds Office – something that was previously not possible. In the past, searches were not live and they were not updated monthly.
The new and improved version ensures absolutely no discrepancies come into play when clients perform the relevant searches. Because pbVerify’s Deed Searches now have direct links to the Deeds Office’s live database, clients are guaranteed the most up-to-date information available.
The pbVerify Deeds Search tool allows you to do the following searches:
- Deeds Person Search
- Deeds Company Search
- Deeds ERF Search
- Deeds Farm Search
- Deeds Sectional Title
- Deeds Document
1. Deeds Person Search
The Deeds Office Person Search provides online information from the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform on property ownership on a natural or juristic person at any of the 10 Deeds Offices in South Africa.
Searches are performed by providing a name or identity (ID)/registration number. Searches are available for one or multiple Deeds Offices (with a search charge applicable for each selected Deeds Office). A batch search facility is also available and can be accessed from the Deeds Office Person Search input page.
A Deeds Person search will yield the following information:
- Person information, which includes the natural or juristic registered name and ID or registration number (when available). It also includes the marital status of a natural person at the time of the property transaction.
- Property information. All properties owned by the search subject will be displayed, including Deeds Office property description, LPI code (the unique Surveyor General code for the property, used mainly for mapping purposes), title deed number, microfilm reference, purchase price, sale date and registration date.
- Contracts. Contracts registered at the Deeds Office are detailed and include antenuptial contracts, interdicts, and notarial bonds.
2. Deeds Company search
A Deeds Company search will return the following information:
- Property information. The property information returned includes the complete Deeds Office description, LPI code, extent, diagram deed number and local authority.
- Ownership details (individual and juristic with ID or registration number). These include the percentage of ownership for multiple owners. Also included are the title deed document number, purchase price, purchase date and registration date.
- Endorsements. Deeds Office endorsements include interdicts, subdivisions, consolidations and bond details.
- Historical ownership of the property is noted, including the owner name, purchase price (when available) and title deed document details.
3. Deeds Erf search
pbVerify can convert any erf number into a street address for you – all you need to do is enter the official property description from the Deeds Office (erf or sectional scheme).
How to perform a Street to Erf Conversion:
- Select ‘Erf to Street Conversion’ from the ‘Property’ offering on the search Menu.
- Supply required search criteria and select ‘Proceed’. WinDeed will return a list of results that matched the criteria provided.
- Locate the property in the list and select ‘Search’ to perform a search.
4. Deeds Farm search
pbVerify is able to search for any farm in in South Africa by using the following search criteria:
• Farm name
• Farm number
• Registration division
The results you will get from a Deeds Farm search include:
1. Property information.
2. Ownership information.
3. Bond information.
4. Historic document.
5. Deeds Sectional Title
pbVerify can search for any Sectional Title in South Africa by using the following search criteria:
• Scheme prefix
• Sectional title name
• Sectional scheme number
• Unit number
Search results return the following information:
1. Ownership information.
2. Sectional information.
3. Scheme details.
4. Purchase date.
5. Title deed number.
6. Deeds Document
Several kinds of documents are registered at the Deeds Office, including title deeds, bond documents, antenuptial agreements and interdicts. Searching by document number at the appropriate Deeds Office will give you the details of that document and the option to request a document copy.
pbVerify’s new revamped Deeds Search tool is easy to use, accurate, fast and free to register for. You only pay per search and there are no monthly subscription fees or registration costs whatsoever.
As soon as you’ve signed up, you will be able to instantly search for any deeds information you may require through our user-friendly web interface.
Click here for all your Deeds product pricing.