Want to add a touch of professionalism and save time and money with each piece of mail you send out? Franking is the answer.
Fact: franking mail saves you money. Add to this cost-saving benefit things like a heightened image of professionalism, considerable time savings and greatly improved productivity, and you have yourself at least four good reasons to go the franking route when it comes to your business’s outbound mail.
Whether you are a large corporation, small business, government or education institution – or even a sole trader – you can benefit greatly from investing in a franking machine.
Economical, fast and business efficient, franking machines have been around for over 90 years, facilitating outbound mail for businesses of all sizes. The franking machines of today have come a long way, but one aspect has remained unchanged: ease of use.
Franking machines are essentially postage meters that are reset by telephone and are operated in a few simple steps:
- An envelope or label is placed into the machine’s printer slot, after which it is franked with your postage, the date, a unique code and your chosen message/company logo (a stamp of professionalism on each piece of mail you send out).
- The logo (optional) you want printed on your mail is selected on the machine’s touchscreen (giving you the opportunity to promote your brand).
- The parcel or letter is ready to go (that’s it).
Host of benefits
For most businesses trying to harvest profits – or just keep head above water – in today’s volatile economic environment, cost saving is top of mind when it comes to investing in new equipment.
Not only do franking machines offer indisputable financial advantages – i.e. a 4% discount, based solely on the fact that you’re using a franking machine – they come with a range of other attractive perks too.
Bear in mind, all other postal discounts either have a condition attached (like having to buy a certain amount of stamps to qualify) or they have a negotiating element to them (for instance with permit mail, where you have to negotiate the applicable discount). The discount for franking machines, on the other hand, is a given and can also be used on top of other discounts, like bulk post discounts.
Moving on to other benefits, franking machines offer:
- Faster post: Franked mail goes through the postal system faster. This is for two reasons: firstly, post offices have machines that check the stamps, which takes manual checking out of the equation, and secondly, franked mail is date sensitive, so it has to be processed the same day.
- Security: Because postage money is loaded via transfer, the requirement to have someone buy stamps and store them somewhere – which is basically tantamount to having money lying around – is a thing of the past.
- Accounting: With franking machines you can create accounts and allocate passwords, not to mention draw reports. Automating reports removes the human error element and allows for easier book keeping. Remember, too, we are talking tax-deductible expenses.
- Marketing: As mentioned above, franking machines give you the option of adding messages to the slogan block area of your mail. This can be your company logo and return address, a strong marketing message, urgency note – or even something more jovial like seasonal greetings.
pbOffice, a division of PBSA, recently introduced a brand new range of sophisticated franking machines that caters to every type of business’s specific needs. Economical, fast and able to process even huge volumes of mail, our machines will not only meet all your outbound mail needs – they will go beyond.
Visit our franking machine web page now to see how we can help you cut costs, improve productivity and elevate your corporate image.